My First Letter To Vanda (Backdated on 13 February 2018)

 

Hello Vanda,

You must be wondering why you are reading this journal? Well, mummy was looking through the internet one day and I suddenly came across this idea of writing a letter to your child every year. So, mummy is going to try it and let’s see where this brings us.

Well, this letter is back dated to the day you were brought into the world on 13 February 2018! How do we even describe to you this very important day? The day that Daddy and Mummy’s status changed from being just a married couple to the upgraded status of being parents! And what a precious baby you are! You are our first-born! Everything is so precious with you i.e. our first car ride home with you, our first time showering you, our first time feeding you milk, our first time taking you out shopping, our first month celebration for you, your first birthday.

Let me share with you a bit about your birth journey, the day you came to the world. As the pregnancy draws closer to the end, Mummy has been taking leave from work to rest at home. As much as we are excited to have you here with us, this pregnancy is also driving me crazy! Imagine having to wake up every few minutes at night just to go to the toilet to pee. At one of the night, mummy was so frustrated that I was crying angrily.

Well, on that morning, I went to the toilet as usual and thought that I saw a bit of blood in my pee. I went out and told Papa that I think we should start heading to the hospital soon. But of course, I have heard from so many mummy friends that the eventual birth will take a long long time. So Papa and I even went to have a good breakfast first before we headed to the hospital. Can you imagine? We were at the hospital at 9am and you were borned at 9pm. 

And of course, the birth itself was eventful. Papa thought that I should go without epidural so that it is as natural as possible. Finally, after many hours in, I could not deal with the pain of the contractions. I was also afraid that I would be too tired from trying to bear with the pain that I may end up having an emergency cesarean. We quickly called for epidural, and once the epidural was in, I slept and rested so well.

Finally, as we near 9pm. You decided that it is time for you to come out. Mummy, together with the help of the gynae Dr Heng Tung Lan and her nurses pushed you out. I guess everything that happened after that was a blur as we were suddenly dumped on us, a newborn and nobody ever tells you what to do except "Give her some skin on skin" and "Try to breastfeed her"

What an eventful birth don't you think?


Comments

Popular Posts